Thread: RAK Thank You!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

I must add my very late thanks to Everose, too, for a lovely package of fabric and other things. Will post a photo when I can.

Mary, I'm so glad you are loving your job. That's great news!

I haven't been around a lot either as of late. First because I took a booth at the Irish Day festival here in town. It starts with a parade and ends up in the West End of the island where there are booths and LOTS of drinking. I've been frantically trying to get everything together for it in the hope that I will at least make my money back!

But more seriously, my aunt, who is the 81 year old family matriarch, is gravely ill with stage 4 lung cancer which has gone into her liver. She is a non-smoker and still works for DC Comics and is a docent at the Museum of Natural History. It doesn't end there. My dear aunt is a very serious hoarder. She has filled her duplex to the brim and then filled her neighbor's apartment, too -- neighbor is in a nursing home. Oh, and some storage facilities, too. Think that's bad? She has 18 cats! We thought there were "only" 11 but found more. My heart is breaking for her. She just wants to go home and take care of her cats, but that isn't going to happen. So ... prayers, please!