View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 12:42 PM
mackenzie

Default Ok, got this message!

Hi Moggie again,

Hi! Hope you get this......

Now I see this message, I didn't come back to it before. I am not familiar with Winchester area and I don't drive very far from home, or I would pick you up. I know of a former member of the guild who moved to Winchester, but she no longer comes to our meetings, so I can't help you there. It has to be scary to come to another country where the driving rules are opposite of what you are used to. I know I couldn't do that. I will check on the list of members to see if there is someone else from that area. The only other one I knew of was 91 years old and she used to come with the lady I just told you about who moved to Winchester. I know there are guilds around your area too. You might ask at Joann's where they are and when they meet and just pop in and visit one to see if you like it. I didn't know that moggie meant kitty. We have three moggies then, what a sweet nickname to call them. What are dogs then? We have two of those and 4 horses. Well, I wish you well, if you would like to call me my no. is 540-652-8683 and my regular email is hillbee@embarqmail. com.....Have a great day, Marcia Hill

Originally Posted by moggie View Post
Thanks heaps, but I am an Australian & all the directions etc don't make any sense to me as I am still getting used to things here.

I am in Millwood Pike, Winchester Virginia - near a quilt shop called Jo-Anne's.

The big problem that I face is that as yet I don't have a US driver's licence & quite frankly driving here is so differant & Australian road rules are vastly differant - plus we drive on the opposite side than in the US - so it's going to be like teaching an old dog new tricks & that makes me very nervous.

However I would gladly pay towards costs of fuel if anybody would like to pick me up.

Take care - the moggie (an Australian saying for cats & I am a cat lover)