Old 09-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Deecee

Putting things in a safe place can be plain dangerous! I put some fabric away for binding another project and then gave it to my daughter who was looking in my stash for something, forgetting it was already earmarked.

I have finished my sister's quilt and won't start another until I finish PH. I do have some small stuff that I will work on at the same time though.

Our winter has been continual excessive rain. Trees that are more than 50 years old and 30 ft high are just falling out of the ground because the wet has rotted their roots and the ground is so soft they can't stay upright. Two in front of our house have fallen away from us but through neighbours fences and brought power lines down and two smaller ones in our back yard have started to slip over but were held up by foliage from adjoining trees so we were able to have them felled safely.

I'm just glad Spring has arrived - mind you, we had hail yesterday and light snow on the mountains an hour from here. It's 7.30a.m. and the sun is shining now though.

We had the last of our falling trees felled yesterday (before the hail) and all our extremely high hedges pruned, so now we have a wet mess to try and clean up - the bulk of it was chipped and removed though. I need a few dry days to make the job a bit easier. I'll just have to do it bit by bit as I get the time around work and other commitments.

It's funny how we are ready for a change by the time the next season is due, whatever it is.