Old 09-29-2012, 04:07 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
I love this quilt!!! Do you have a pattern or a name - this would be perfect for one of my grandkids when they graduate college. wow!! Love it, love it, love the backing too!!!
about 98% of my quilts i make up as i go along- so, no there is no pattern you can find for it- i picked up this fabric & that fabric, cut some of this & some of that- layed pieces out here & there, decided to try this & that---and after a while it all came together...that is how most of my quilts are done. i name them- but i generally don't mention the name here- a couple years ago i started a topic with the name i had given my quilt then received some fairly hostile messages about not being able to find it & it being wrong...and misleading...so i just make them & show them now...trying to not make anyone mad when they can not find the pattern that does not exist. so, if you want to make one for grandkids, start picking up lighthouse/sail boat fabrics. and some others that will go along- make some blocks, or rows, cut up a couple pillow panals, maybe a border print...find pieces that will work, fill in where needed- after a bit of time & sewing it will all come together.