View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:44 PM
PJisChaos

Question What would you do...?

Just need some ideas and input from ya'll.
I spent all day yesterday, working my butt off digging through a shed full of boxes at a friends. My payment for this deed was being able to keep any fabric I came across that I wanted. Fair pay for a hard days work, imho. So, a 1-ton truckload of boxes and boxes of fabric is what is now in my shed and dining room. My problem is this...
95% of this fabric is from the early 60s to late 70s. It ranges from extremely vivid to ... muddy(?) prints. Everything has tags and receipts with dates but only a handful of these receipts are still legible and have dates from 1962 to 1974. I am really wanting to take my time and use the fabric in a way that showcases the vintage-ness(is that even a word or just my own?) of some of the prints. So if it was you, would you use patterns from that period or use them in modern "things". Maybe create your own? I am talking Scooby-doo Mystery Machine colors on a lot of these, talk about overpowering the pattern in a quilt! I totally love them all though, even the muddy green/brown/hot pink/in-your-face orange mix prints. LOL!! Tons of B-I-G flowers and colors, man, lots of colors. ^_^
Oh, and enough yardage is not a problem as most of the cuts are atleast 4yds each. One piece is 11 yds and only cost 77 CENTS!!! That is just... well, sickening! What I would give to be able to buy even 1 yd for 77 cents.

So, what do you think? Any and all ideas welcome, and thanks!