View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:23 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

I can so relate to what you are saying. I am exactly the same way. Got to be doing something all the time. When I could not quilt due to a bad injury, I took up making Baby caps for the hospital and making pin cushions out of cup/saucers and various flea market knick knacks. Didn't see where you said you made the pin cushions or bought them. Here are a couple of my favorite pin cushions. I love yours. Did you apoxy the cup to the saucer? I didn't read where you said you were going to do a tutorial. I am really looking forward to seeing how others do their pin cushions. I think that is a great idea.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366477[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]366478[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]366479[/ATTACH]

Whenever I clean out my sewing/craft room, it is like going to a flea market or thrift store. I find a lot of things that I had forgotten I even had. I also have to take knitting, crocheting or hand work of some kind with me wherever I go. It is an obsession, but is nice to know I am not alone. So glad you found your pin cushion.

[quote] This morning I was getting ready to go to with DH to a flea market about an hour and half away. I picked up a bag of knitting and there was the pincushion in the bottom of the bag under some baby caps. I had decided that it had run away for ever but it came home. I had had a make-up quilting class on Thursday afternoon after my knitting class on Thursday morning. I had put the pincushion in the knitting bag when I took it from the car. I just didn't remember that I had taken it on Thursday! I would have found it next week when I got ready for the knitting class. Being an obsessive compulsive personality, I can't just ride in a car. I have to do something with my hands. The blue cup normally sits on my desk by my bed. The gold/white cup stays on the cutting table, and the pink on lives by the sewing machine.
Attached Thumbnails cup-saucer-pin-cushion.jpg   rose-cup-saucer-pin-cushion.jpg   cat-back-1.jpg  

Last edited by twinkie; 09-30-2012 at 03:26 AM.