View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:05 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

My DH and I are so in love with the vintage/antique machines that my DH purchased sooooooo many that we had to put some of them in a different building (but they are protected). The one that I sew on all the time is my 1951 Singer Featherweight. I do FMQ on smaller projects on it also. I also love my 1903 Singer model 27 treadle. The cabinet is beautiful. Although I haven't been able to sew on it yet, I guess my very favorite machine would have to be my 1852 Grover and Baker Treadle machine. It is so unique. DH is working on the machine to refurbish it. The cabinet is made of Walnut and is a coffin lid cabinet. I can't wait. Just have to mention our 1890 Singer salesman machine. This is a hand crank miniature cast iron machine that the salesmen took to the farm houses to show how a sewing machine worked. It is different than a child's machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]366481[/ATTACH] It is probably about 10" long and about 9 to 10" high.

I have to agree with the others on the board. It is like trying to chose which child you like best.
Attached Images