View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:36 AM
Edie

Without doing a whole heckuva lot of checking, I have a White Model 77MG approximately 65 years old, which my husband bought for me for our first anniversary 51 years ago. It has been cleaned once, (professionally) (and me quite often), it had a new rubber put around the bobbin winder - actually it isn't new, the sewing machine man turned it around so the inside was on the outside and it works like new. (That was when he cleaned it and didn't charge me - said I would have trouble finding a new rubber band.) I did get a new Singer Precision (brand new) three years ago, which works fine, except there is something nice and quiet about an all steel (except for the rubber on the bobbin winder) that says something to you. Like "I'm here for the long haul.....pull me out when the plastic doesn't work!" And I have!!!!! Sort of like seeing a long lost friend! Other than that it has never once failed me. I have all the accessories for it - even a shirrer......which I don't even think I would be able to work it if I tried....most I have never even tried. It even has a thing that you put on the back of the machine that holds the quilt down when you are quilting. One good machine!!!!! Edie