Old 09-30-2012, 04:38 AM
romanojg

I have a Viking Ruby. I love it. It has all the bells and whistles like thread cutting, needle up/down, needle threader, auto-tension. It doesn't care what thread you use and will wind bobbins while it's sewing or embroiderying. I love the embroidering part too. It's so easy to use, you can put your designs on the machine via USB or connecting to machine, you don't have to leave the USB once you pull up the designs so while I'm doing designs I can be loading more on the stick. I can go to pacific stitches so going back on a design after it has been unloaded from machine is easy. It comes with a great organizer software that lets you do a lot without buying the additional software (which I ended up doing). One of the greatest features of this is that I can enter all of my many different thread brands w/the color# and then I can use them for my thread choices and the machine picks the best match out of all of them. It helps me from having to either limit my choices or go thru all of my thread by hand picking the matches. Plus it does the trim command which is a great feature when you are embroiderying. It has lots of sizes of hoops to I'm not limited. I get free classes for my machine and the additional software that I bought. Oh yeah, I also love the cutwork needles for my machine. There are so many things that I love about my machine that I could go on for along time. It also has a larger harp size too.