Old 09-30-2012, 11:17 AM
dottie dodge

Originally Posted by dottie dodge View Post
I'm signing up for this swap too. Sheri, let me know what you are using for candy. I really like that idea! Thanks Kensington for the idea. All the blocks that have been posted are so great. Love them all!
Okay, I went shopping Friday, three quilt shops and no candy fabric. Would you believe I did not buy any fabric? Anyway, I found some chocolate candies at Over The Rainbow that I ordered for my jar of candy. I ordered enough QuilterMomma that the jars will be fat and chock full! They claim they can get 11 yards in a flat rate envelope for 5.95 so I had to take advantage of that. So much for "no buy" unless I use right away. Oh well, I managed to not buy for 9 months. It's pretty bad when they ask if they had done something to offend you because you haven't been in for so long. I also saw a quilt pattern for ornament blocks by Thimble Blossoms that I'm going to recreate for this swap. The pattern has 12 different blocks, 4 of which I really really liked. Can I make 4 different ornament blocks (total 20) or do you think they would be too much alike? I have other ideas for blocks too so it will not be a big deal. Sue