View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Elisabrat

I know with embroidery its called blocking Anastasia. Want to know what I do if my block is off kilter? I put a damp paper towel directly on top, put a hot iron on it for a few seconds, then take four pins and pin it to shape on the ironing board, press it one more time sans cloth and let it cool overnight. next day its square. blocking is similar with a damp tea cloth and it allows the fabric a bit of give to get things into shape. What did you do? curiosity makes me ask never seen a video just what momma taught me a hundred years ago.. ok 42 years ago. back when embroidery better look as good from the back as the front those olden days kiddo.

glad to see lots of blocks are coming and going. I am still pulling as they come except for one glitch. Today the box was upended on the floor aparently someone needed a nap on the table and well boxs heck no.. so I put them back but truly will have to read dates now to figure out whos first last so with so few left probably going to get them out as I pull them still. Shooting for Oct 31st and think that is an easy target. Crossing fingers it is!