Old 09-30-2012, 08:12 PM
jlhmnj

Originally Posted by quiltingweb View Post
Underpants to you Muv...that would make me giggle too. Watched Sherlock last night and my daughter laughed when he confirmed he wasn't wearing any pants.

Does anyone know about the rod that runs from the peddle of the treadle machine to the wheel that spins the belt? One end of mine, the top end, has ball bearings and the other does not, just some sort of tape that is wound around the shaft that attaches to the rod that connects the two. It was a little noisy, had a clunk when it spun, so I investigated and found that the ball bearings were missing. Does anyone know if those can be replaced? Or, can I replace the whole rod? It's shiny and everything else is black, wondering if it's already been replaced with one that doesn't fit well.
Hi QW,

Saw your post in the Davis VF group and am assuming your troublesome pitman is off the "New" Davis VF with the orange decals. Ball bearing can be added if you know the size or possibly trial and error to see what works. The whole rod can be replaced if your fortunate enough to find the part. The tape isn't original equiptment and might be hiding other problems but if it seems to work, best to leave alone. Ball bearing are available online and industrial supplies. Good luck .
Jon

Edit--Manual doesn't say what size ball bearings only that it takes 9.

Last edited by jlhmnj; 09-30-2012 at 08:18 PM.