View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Anastasia

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I know with embroidery its called blocking Anastasia. Want to know what I do if my block is off kilter? I put a damp paper towel directly on top, put a hot iron on it for a few seconds, then take four pins and pin it to shape on the ironing board, press it one more time sans cloth and let it cool overnight. next day its square.
Yes.. blocking.. well I washed it to get the glue out, then scrunched out some water, laid it on a white towel, laid another towel over it, and ironed it mostly dry.. then took the towel off and ironed it more dry, then starched it a few times and ironed that dry, then I took it to my cutting mat and my ruler and just tugged fairly strongly in the areas that were shrunked, and got it nearly back to the proper size then pressed it some more. hehe.
The video does it with starch. The first one I watched was shrinking it down.. LOTS AND LOTS of starch.. then I watched one stretching it, starch but iron til dry so it stays in that spot.. hehe. I didn't need to stretch that much so it works I guess for my scenario to just tug it. I'll check it agian tomorrow when I know it's completely dry and make sure it's still the right size.

Mmmm Garlic mashed potatoes.

Started cutting another block.. is not in order.. I know.. I"m a slacker.. I don't want to sit on things too much so as soon as they tell me what they want to be I get them out of my hair.