View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 AM
ArchaicArcane

Default Name that whatsit!

Ok,.. so I've been collecting these for a while.... I keep a little dish on my desk of "What the heck are these" parts that come with machines.

In picture number 1, we have a clamp that came with my puzzlebox. I'm 99.99944% sure that it doesn't belong. I can't think of what it would belong to though, even non-sewing machine applications.

the next foot, I thought was one of those protect your fingers thingies, but it doesn't work on the featherweight, it interferes with the full movement of the needlebar. Possible it's just for another machine? , but I'd be interested in knowing if anyone's seen one before.

Last foot, top row: came with a Singer low shank machine. Obviously doesn't belong. If anyone can identify the machine it belongs to and wants it, I will send it for the price of postage.

Second row: I believe these all came in a 128 Handcrank converted to electrical that I picked up a month or so ago. The hook doesn't look sheared, so that's all of it. The second piece is spring steel. The third piece,.. I got nothin. I have no ideas at all on on this one. The last two pieces are electrical leads, I believe, but the motor that came with this machine is a BA motor, it doesn't use those kind of leads. Garbage?

Third row: I would just like a general idea of where these might belong, motor, body, etc. The two nuts on the right will likely just go in the misc screws and nuts bin. The screw on the left is tiny, black and has a rounded top. I have a nagging feeling I should know what it is, but can't place it. The second one is a thumb nut, and it threads only at the top, the flat side, so the end of a screw would come through the narrow collar. I have a vague recollection of grabbing this one on purpose, but I can't recall where, or why.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366886[/ATTACH]

Second picture, these all came with the 401A I acquired 2 weeks ago.
The yellow plastic whatsit has no identifiable part number on it, and obviously doesn't belong to a 401.
The black plastic says "Canada" on it, that's all. The clips, I thought might be for the 121795 buttonholer I found a lid for, but nothing else in the accessories box, but I disassembled mine and can't find those clips. The Silver piece I suspect is the biggest grommet I've ever seen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]366887[/ATTACH]

So,... did I get any of them right?
Attached Thumbnails img_4542.jpg   img_4541.jpg