View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:29 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH View Post
The last foot on that top row looks like it comes from a White or other top clamping machine. The one in the middle of the top photo sort of reminds me of the blade on a serger but I don't know if the inside edge is sharpened.
I was thinking White as well. I've never had an old white here though to try it on. I had a Blue one that I found in the first house we bought, but that was before I sewed, so I gave it away to the relief society.

It does look like a little serger blade, but it's not sharp at all. I just tried screwing it on with the foot on the Brother I'm working on and learned 2 things. It wouldn't work with a swing needle, it crashes int the needle if the needle is in the left position, and the reason it didn't work on the FW is the same as the reason it wouldn't work on this machine. The needle clamp crashes into it, stopping you from being able to sew... so, I'm using it wrong, which means it's not what I thought it was....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]366912[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
The bottom picture, the grommet and round black thing go together-? Black piece to help do a grommet-? Just a thought~
I was thinking that too, except that hitting the grommet with a hammer would probably turn that plastic thingy to dust. The inner diameter of the grommet though is a little smaller than the inside of the hole in the top and bottom of the black plastic. So you could be onto something.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]366913[/ATTACH]

Sorry about the black and white, I'm on a different computer and it has a mind of its own today.
Attached Thumbnails morinville-20121001-00218.jpg   morinville-20121001-00219.jpg