Old 10-01-2012, 04:49 PM
spokanequilter

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
I get a whole lot more done when I load my stuff up in the car and go sew with my friends. I don't feel the need to "justify" anything I do or don't do. Nor do I feel guilt if some house task isn't done. I'm not a housemaid whose entire existence is cleaning, cooking and laundry. In my world if you're not capable of cooking yourself a meal and doing a load of laundry by the time you're 12 you can go naked and starve.
I love this!!! Seriously, it is my firm belief that kids need to become independent and self-sufficient and not dependent on their mother. I think I succeeded on that score. And now that they're gone, who cares if their bedrooms get vacuumed or the mantle gets dusted? There are quilts to be made and books to be read and music to be played. Martha Stewart I am not!

Back on topic - I definitely get more sewing done when I'm alone. Sewing groups have not worked for me. My sister and I do have occasional sewing days, but usually we are working on a project together and we divide the tasks and just get to it. But, generally, I prefer to sew alone. This month is hunting season here, so my dear darling husband will be gone a good part of the month. I have my projects all stacked up and ready to tackle. When he's gone I get to do midnight sewing....tee hee!!