Old 10-02-2012, 04:20 AM
WMUTeach

I really do like to sew with a group. My guild meets twice a year for a two day retreat and I went for the first time this spring and I got huge amounts of work finished. Talk? well of course we did but, I also got so many ideas, tips and so much encouragement from others that I will do this again. We also have a once a month work day and I would not miss them. We problem solve for each other and really get to know one another and friendships bloom. I go to these "events" with materials ready to go and I whiz through some projects and seek the opinions of others. I learned to paper piece at one of these work days. I never would have tried it if another quilter had not been sitting across the room helping, reminding me with the steps to success and making sure I was on the right track. I love working together. In the end, it is all up to the individual. Sometimes it may just be better to work alone on some projects and plan on less for those good together time and enjoy the conversations.