Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 AM
x7lillies

Ok. I think I included a bit of information in my original signup email, but looking at everyone's extra blurbs makes me feel like I want to make it even easier for my SS

I drink tea, not coffee, and only green (not black). I do not like chamomile, but love orange citrus and plain green tea (with honey). I also love a good chai. My dog's name is Jackson: he is 5 years old, loves to run, does agility, and loves fluffy toys with squeakers.

I love to bake: cookies, pies, cakes, breads, bars, anything! I am in the market for more bread recipes. I love fun cookie cutters.

As far as quilting stuff goes, I always need more white thread, so a giant spool of it would be a superb gift. I do not have much of a stash; I generally buy fabrics specifically for the project I'm working on. I have been fascinated with the one-block-wonder technique (I have the first book), though, and haven't really hunted for a good fabric for that. Something with great colors, without too many hard lines, with a repeat 8" or longer, would be fun fun fun, though the technique requires 6 repeats, so don't go breaking the bank - it's just a suggestion if you have something lying around.

I have never tried paper piecing, but I'm pretty proficient at applique. I also like to do hand embroidery - they make pre-made kits for pillowcases and aprons, etc., and all you have to do is buy the right embroidery floss to go with the pattern. I covered my dislikes pretty well (sorry if it made me sound picky!), so I won't go into them here. I don't have any square rulers of my own, and I am in need of a bigger pin cushion (and I guess some more pins, too!). Pretty colors of thread are always appreciated

I'm a grad student, so I don't get out too much :P But some of my other hobbies include kayaking, sailing on our Hobie Cat, rock climbing, and gardening in our (teeny tiny) self-made garden boxes behind our apartment.

Hope that helps! I <3 Christmas and secret santa!