View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 AM
amandasgramma

Oh, this whole thread is just toooooo funny!! :mrgreen:

Okay -- MY mistakes:

I've left the turkey neck and giblets in the turkey -- it's a rite of passage, I think. :wink:

I forgot a fry pan full of grease on the stove top -- burned up the kitchen......HEY, I got a new kitchen out of that one!! :mrgreen:

Made my famous chocolate cake for the office party one day. Looked beautiful, took it to work, people LOVE it so they dove in...........BUT, they all looked at me funny!!!! :?: Discovered I'd used baking powder instead of baking soda!!!! It was heavy and tasted awful!!!

But the best and most embarrassing!!! I make a cornbread dressing for holidays. One year, my first for inviting people, I invited my in-laws, my SIL and family, and friends. WELL, somewhere in the weeks ahead I'd read a recipe for cornbread sausage dressing....and decided to put sausage in the dressing. I did NOT read that you're supposed to cook and drain the sausage ahead of time. It was also the first time I'd stuffed the turkey. My SIL was standing next to me when I picked the turkey up out of the roaster, it tipped a little and yellowish-yuckish stuff RAN out of the turkey's butt!!!!! My nephew had been having trouble with diarreah recently and my SIL said "That looks familiar"....I about died!! LOL :D