View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:57 PM
starshine

I have had an international partner a couple of times in the boards monthly swaps, and deducted from some of the posts that fabric prices were the big thing so I knew I would be sending fabric for the most part of the swap. Some things I learned/or knew; Priority mail is only a priority in the US postal service. Even for APO / FPO it is only priority to the base here that sends it on, once the base gets it the item is handled their way, but if it is heavy flat rate is a deal for those packages. And the few times I heard back regarding the packages they seemed to get there in about 10 days.
So when I send intern'l I just send first class parcel post or regular parcel post. I had a package to England delivered in 10 days, and a package to Canada that took a month-but it also was just after some strike there and there was a backlog on postal deliveries.

So if anyone on the board here takes part in the monthly Secret Pal swap posting info on the board is good or be sure to note in the sp form what items you would be interested in. I usually say yes on the swap, and it usually is several times between when I get an international. I think Lori does try to spread the opportunity around.