Old 10-02-2012, 02:01 PM
blueheavenfla

Sorry DH, I guess I wasn't paying attention. I just got a 99 hand crank in my nasty bunch of 6 machines. All were a dirty, mismatched mess but I am making progress with them.The 99, unfortunately is missing the bobbin cover plate. I don't begin to know where to look for one. Got the whole bunch of machines on Craig's List so keep watching for one...your day will come. You northern folks seem to have more to choose from than we do here in FL. I think people get rid of the machines up there before they move down here.
Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH View Post
Heh, heh - Herself would probably take umbrage at me usurping her user name

Those decals were the only reason we went down to Madison to look at the machine. Herself fell in love with them even from crappy Craigslist photos and nothing would do but to go get that machine. I'm looking forward to using it myself as Charlee says the 115s are very nice for sewing. I also want to check out the differences between using a oscillating hook (66) and rotating hook (115) on a treadle. Maybe even a vibrating shuttle (the 27 that's down stairs waiting for its chance in front of the camera). Of course that will lead to my wanting hand cranks of each style as well so I'll have to find a rotary hand crank machine. Suggestions, anyone?