View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Fabric Galore

I just returned from a 2 week trip to Russia. If you ever get a chance to go there take advantage of it. It is a beautiful country and the people are very friendly. I can't wait to get back to work on my AOTH. I am not using the border pattern in the book. I designed my own border pattern from a roll of Viva paper towels. I think I will call my quilt Viva AOTH. I have 2 borders completed and attached to the quilt. The 3rd border is in the process of being appliqued and if I can have an uninterrupted afternoon I should be able to finish the applique and start on the embroidery. I have my quilt spread out on my dining room table and I love it. It keeps me inspired to finish it. I got a catalog from Connecting Threads and they have their black batting on sale. I want to get it ordered and then the quilting will begin. Come on Sharon, you can do it. I had never done hand applique in my life. I always did machine applique on baby quilts and wall hangings. I am now addicted to hand applique and I plan to do some more. Go back to some of the older posts and you will find all kinds of helpful hints and suggestions. They really helped me to learn how to do the curves and points.