Thread: Breast Cancer
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:32 PM
COYOTEMAGIC

Like Tartan said the new digital ones are so accurate. They found the tumor in my Left/Louise with not problem, but the Right/Thema was just some very tiny early calicifications that could possibly developed into cancer later down the road. The tech couldn't find it at first, but the radiologist had highlighted a spot for her on the prior mamo to zone in on and there it was. I had a double. Figured if there were already precancers stuff going on, I was only going through that surgery once.

Please know that not every lump is cancer. My Mom has what we call "Lumpy Boobs" She has never had a cancerous lump, has had over 20 large lumps removed over the years, now just has them aspirated. Her's are fibroyed (sp?) tumors. I've had a couple other lumps that were "fatty tumors", not cancerous.

The ladies here that have had or currently do have cancer will tell you there are more than just one type. 3 ladies at work, all 3 of us have had a different type. My Aunt had one type of cancer, I have another. Her's could be hereditary, mine is gene related but not hereditary. You can get cancer at any age. I lost a 16 year old student to Breast Cancer. And guys get it too. Knowledge is power, even in cancer.

As you can see by the ladies here, Breast Cancer is not a death sentence. They are finding new treatments all the time. I honestly believe that ATTITUDE is 99.9% of winning the battle. If you think it's going to kill you, go ahead and get your casket picked out because it will. But, if you have the Belief that you are going to beat this, you can. Even a Stage 4 like me can make it!! I tell people all the time, if the Grim Reaper wants me anytime soon, he better send a bus to run me over because cancer isn't going to get me.

Keep fighting Girls!!