Thread: Insane or not?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 05:23 AM
mdall

Wow, I am blown away by the response so far to this post. Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Not only to all of you that have posted here but for the PM's as well. So now to answer and respond to some of the comments and questions. Yes, I do beleive I have lost my mind. But hey thats all part of the process.LOL I have decided to add some beading and crystals to the finished item. After giving it much consideration I do believe that I may bring the size down to a large wall hanging since once the beading and crystal are added it would make washing the item very difficult.
For those who have inquired about whether or not Medussa has special meaning to me the answer is yes. Not in the way that most would think though. As alot of us probably have been through, I am not exactly the beautiful swan that most of the world looks for. I am pretty but not in the typical sense that most think. I have dark hair, dark eyes, I am not rail thin, and never have been. I am the unexpected beauty that one finds when they really look. I have always been seen and thought of myself as different. I love to see the beauty in things that are different and no the norm. So, with that yes this picture of Medussa is a representation of how different, odd, bizarre, or wierd however you wish to word it can and is beautiful in its own right. I have always known that most see the odd and strange as well odd and strange. They tend to have a hard time looking past that and seeing whats really there. So with that said.

Here's to all of us out there that are not the norm, considered an odd duck or strange in some way. This is one is for you, me, and all the others like us out there. Be strong, proud, and most of all embrace and love your beauty.