Old 10-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts View Post
I hope these pictures work out. I had to resize them and had no idea if I did it too much or not. This started out as a Bricks and Stepping Stones and it grew into this. 115 1/2" x 120". Yes, I wanted it big enough to fit on our King bed. It is still kind of short on the sides. But that is alright. I am just glad I am done with the top. I need to figure out how to do the backing now and cross my fingers that the lady I take my large quilts to can fit it on her frame lol. This is my largest ever quilt I have done. Not sure if I will do one this large again for a long time LOL Had to pull the ladder out for this thing to get a good picture outside LOL....Thank you for looking.
Wendy that is just beautiful. I have never made a true scrappy quilt before, because most scrappys do not appeal to me that much, but this one is just lovely, and with your permission I really think I would like to make one like this. What pattern did you use or is this just your own design? Do you mind if I make a copy of your quilt, naturally the fabs will be totally different, but I love the design, especially the borders. Thanks, Gerbie