Old 10-03-2012, 06:47 AM
jtquilts

Deecee, your winter sounds a bit of a trial! Our summer was a bit warmer than what we have experienced the last 4 years we have lived here. We also had (and still can have) a bit of smoke from wildfires. I am so ready for a change of the seasons!

I took my quilt to the LA for the reason you talked about. I used a method for the centers that uses thick applique foundation and when you wash the quilt the foundation softens greatly so you can't tell it is there. The problem is that I obviously don't wash before quilting! When I brought the quilt home I finally decided to hang it above our bed so I didn't feel I had to wash it now just to hang it. Margie, my LA artist, had to spray the centers with fabric softener water to allow the machine to go through it well. I can't say enough about Margie and her work!

I am very excited to see what your quilt will look like without the star surrounding the blocks. I did debate about the stars, too. I think they turned out well . . . . . but, I don't think they are the only way to go!

I am keeping up with the Quilts for Rosie project here on the board. I asked a friend to join me and we are working each at home and coming together for me to take pictures and I post them for her and I. The blocks are paper-pieced which I have done some of ~ but, that doesn't mean these are a piece of cake! I am trying to use charm squares which causes a bit of figuring.

Where are you on the Heart squares? Someone posted about their squares recently and they are lovely.