Old 10-03-2012, 07:09 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Yes, holidays are coming on; turkeys are gobbling at every little sound. Dh decided the pullets wings needed trimming, so he goes out at 5 am this morning to clip each of the 33 pullets himself and gets himself locked in the hen house!! Thanks a wire off the feeder, he gets himself out again. As he clipped wings, he put them outside...except one dark cornish pullet flew over his head and back into the house again. One of them laid an egg last night, 'causing a riot in the hen house. Dh thought a 'coon was after them and hollered to me to help. Luckily the flashlight revealed no coon, or cause for the disturbance, except an egg in the nest.

Dh got his 1200 rpm blender and is really enjoying it. His cousin's wife gave me red sweet vinegar to put out in a jar lid to kill our many fruit flies we have in the house...and I showed it to dh. But when he was blending up his juices, he seen that on the counter thought it was a juice, ignored the fruit flies and poured the whole thing, into his blender. I did come along and ask, "Where is the red wine & fruit flies that was here?" thus saving him from drinking it.

That's my stories for the week...have a good one everyone...may every one get all caught us with us on the last four weeks...eight weeks to go!!