View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:15 PM
draggin_behind

Question ?? cleaning June Tailor mat

New theme for me.

I have a fairly new Cut & Sew II mat, I think that's the one, by June Tailor. It has a padded gridded surface on one side and a cutting mat on the other for use with a rotary cutter.

It has a little dinge from overspray of starch and/or Best press but in our last quilt meeting, someone used the iron to iron fusible interfacing, got gunk on the iron & then wiped it off on the padded portion of the mat. (I'd busted my buns to keep the mat as pristine as possible -- apparently not everyone else does that when it doesn't belong to them.) I might get a new one for my use at home next time I'm at Joann's or Hancock's with a coupon, but I'm not inspired to take a new one to our group quilting meetings again.

I have an older version of the mat & it came apart. After reattaching everything, I got the brilliant idea to try Resolve cleaner on some spots on the mat. Turns out that the gridded lines will bleed or blur if they get too wet. So I don't really want to go there on the newer one.

So, if you've cleaned yours successfully, how did you do it? BTW, I contacted the company to ask them, but have yet to get an answer from the experts.

TIA,
Mary