View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Elisabrat

Marybeth, I am very sorry at your friends passing. I know it brings up so many emotions inside. Know everytime you share your stories you have only hope that you inspire everysingle woman who hears you to get out and get tested. Its a basically painfree test that can save your life.. early detection ladies is the key. We know it but do you do it?

The quilt I think should go to someone in the cancer ward who needs that extra bit of comfort. Not everyone has someone you know? the kids will be sad but like children everywhere they recover very quickly. Or perhaps a quilt for a child at the childrens hospital just a random gift to a lonely child. apples? they would love it and all the rest .. just a thought I know you wont let it pass. If she had any family a rememberance quilt .. in her honor. I have made my share of those type quilts and they are tough but healing also. For the maker and the family who wants acknowledgement that that one person mattered.

onto quilts: the one for the quilt teacher had me scared out of my pants. I did not want to mess up at all. I was worried about it all to the point it upset my stomach.. that worried. So it was not a riddle so much as a this is how I dealt with it and still I lost one point. Decided to let it go, never claimed to be perfect. it was not fun however and I do like fun. Also that it wasnt a puppy was my way of saying see I remember the puppies but didnt do it .. this time. Next time no guarantees. She will run from my stuff if I keep sending her puppy stuff.

Now to work on those cowboy boots.. a little blue/black tiny check and a nice gold to go with it and they will come out very nicely.. or maybe its that real red that says use me.. all are sitting here waiting for me to start slicing and dicing them into something new and amazing (no i am not nearly Edward Scissor Hands with my cutter.. I am way slower but still end up with tons of trimmings lol).