View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 PM
My time

Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
A friend dropped by yesterday and while we were talking she asked me how much would it cost to buy a king size quilt. I gave her a range of prices to my best knowledge. She asked if smaller quilts would be cheaper and decided that going to Target would be the closest to what she could afford. A few minutes later she tells me that she always wanted a quilted bag but they were too expensive and then she starts rattling off brand names and prices. I would love to make her a bag, but I know I cannot do a quilt right now because the timing cannot be more wrong, and besides I cannot quilt a king on my DSM. I know it is stupid to even ask, but if it were you would you be happy if I made you a nice bag instead of a quilt? Sometimes down the road I will make the quilt for her for sure because I will be taking LA classes at my LQS in order to use their machine. Thank you for your opinion. By the way I love hints because they save me the agony of figuring out birthday and holiday gifts.
Wow your very generous to consider making a kingsize quilt for a friend. I love my friends but here in Canada that would be a very costly gift. Your offer to make her a bag sounds great. And please excuse me for asking Tashana but what very happened to the quilt your were working on using the Elmer School glue? Did I miss the pic? I used a school glue from the dollar store and guess what........it stuck but the glue hardened like a rock!! I'm afraid what it might do to my needle! Yes I know Elmer School glue was what I was supposed to use. Sometimes being cheap comes back to bite you where the don't shine, lol.