Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 AM
Louise Houghtaling

I'm one of those quiet types, much more interested in reading than sharing. I've been collecting Laurel Burch fabric for years....have done little with it except stroking and admiring. I'm building up to choosing some for a bag, but it feels almost like it's sacrilege take scissors or rotary cutter to it. I've also been collecting blues and whites/creams for an eventual blue and whitish quilt. But my main passion is batik fabric. It produces a visceral response in me...almost salivation, I might say. I've even used them for blenders. I love bags and have collected quite a variety of patterns, but the ones I look for are the more local offerings. One of the things I enjoy so is stroking my stash. I've used much of it several times in my head! The colors that I'm viscerally drawn to are blue, green, purple. The ones I'm trying to use because I like are earthy beige and browns. I've been seeking some soft yellows for contrast. My favorite black is Kona...I love its richness. I'm a long-time seamstress/sewer and a relatively recent quilter. Well, I've made quilts and comforters but never sought formal instruction in quilting until about 6 years ago. What power that has engendered in me! I love to see new quilting notions but have learned not to jump on them without thinking it through. I have bought a few of Deb Tuckers rulers and find that they make me look more skilled than I really am! Enough rambling. I'm trying to interact more, and this is my longest share to date.