View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Battle Axe

I am not an expert in gluten but have worked with some who have celiac. Rather I am an entomologist working with honeybees.

Man has a long association with wheat. Suddenly, about the time that they started putting bromine in the flour, celian disease reared it's ugly head. So is it the gluten in the wheat? Is it the wheat breeding that has put more gluten in the wheat (rathar than the regular amount that was in there in the 1800's) or the bromide added?

No doubt there are some who are allergic to gluten. But bromine is a poison related to chlorine and flourine that mades up the flouride toothpaste. There are some bromine free flours, King Arthur flour is one, but it doesn't make delicious cookies and they don't bake correctly. Bromine and it's cousin bromide are dough enhancers and make for quick baking breads and pasteries that we have grown accustomed to.

The friend I am helping has had to cut out all gluten free mixes as what they replace the gluten with is even worse.
Go back to nature. Eat real meat, real lettuce (romaine only) real fresh fruit. Yeah, it's a real change. Feel free to PM me.

Marcia