View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 AM
bdiver403

Hi,

I am new on here, so I absolutely know it was not me; however, I truly would like to share something with you.

A few years ago now, and when I was still a shapely, before getting sick lady, I was persuaded to go on one of the match.com sites. Well I signed in....but never accepted a date, nor went anywhere with anyone. I just went on there and read about the people. Let's just say it was informing.

Then a year or so after not having been on the site in forever and a day, I received a huge package from FED EX addressed to me. It was sometime around my birthday. Since it was addressed to me at my address, I did open it to find a bright pink trimmed in black, down filled, what I knew as a car coat or 3/4 length coat in just the size I was currently wearing at the time. I asked everyone I could think of if they sent this to me, and if it was for my birthday? No one, I mean ABSOLUTELY NO ONE, I COULD EVEN THINK OF KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS COAT, the company it came from nor why anyone would have sent it to me. My daughter called the company, but because she was not me, they couldn't tell her anything about it. So, I called the company that sent it, and I told them the whole story. I found out it was charged on a credit card, but they refused to tell me anything else. All, I could think of someone's stolen credit card has paid for this and I am going to be pulled into something I had no knowledge nor part of, and I am not going to jail. So, I called the company back and told them, I was boxing up this coat since, no one knew anything of it, I was not going to keep this coat and go to jail for anyone. That I felt this was a scam and someone's credit card was being misused and I couldn't have this on my back. The lady said she would have to go talk to her supervisor. Then I began to type a letter naming the lady I was speaking to on the phone and the whole story, printed it out, put the coat back in the plastic bag with the letter, sent the box with my daughter to work where I paid through her to have this shipped back to the company, and I haveheard nothing more. But I can sleep better, knowing I didn't take something that wasn't truly given to me.

After all this...Just be careful, that is all I can tell you.
B