Old 10-04-2012, 08:24 AM
irishrose

I put broccoli and carrots in my lemon chicken/rice soup last night. It didn't change the flavor at all, which is good.

Last night I was halfway through a post about making granola when my computer went pop and everything went black. Oh, oh. The computer is coming up on 10 years old. After checking the fuse box and the wall outlet, I decided it had to be the plug strip. Yup, a quick trip to the store and I'm back in business.

The granola making went well, though I had to throw out my rice bran because it was rancid, too. My fault on that one - it's been around too long. Making granola felt like a blast from the past. My older children tell the younger ones they are lucky they didn't live through my days of making granola and homemade yogurt. The granola was good - the yogurt was an acquired taste and they never acquired it. The girls still feel that having to eat it was some kind of torture. Funny girls. The oldest will be 54 this week. Wow! Where does time go?

meanmom, do take Friday off if the teacher will be in. Two subs is too hard on the kids and on the subs. The first time will be the hardest. Sleep in, take a bubble bath, take a walk and then quilt all day. Don't waste a free day on housework.

CHQ, your quilt group sounds like fun. I'd love to have one here. Lord knows I have enough machines if my friends would sew on vintage ones. And enough fabric for everyone. And enough patterns.

The sun is shining even though it's raining intermittently, so I'm going to go get some soil and work on the lawn. I've never had a Siberian who didn't think it was her job to do some excavating. Lily isn't bad, but if the ground is soft from rain and it's dark out, she just can't help it. I give them one spot, but Lily isn't as good as confining her holes to one area as Jojo and Mia were.

I will have an awesome day. Working in the sun, walking my furgirls, working on the bazaar quilt, etc. I have been having to do a lot of unsewing. My reversal problems are getting in the way of keeping those little angles in the right order between the design wall and the sewing machine. I'm about ready to take a break and do a Spicy Spiral table runner.

Have a good day, y'all. Eat clean - as close to plain food as possible. Drink water - with a half a lemon in the morning and move your body. Enjoy the sunshine. For those of us in the north country, we know what's coming - it may snow this week end here.