View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:27 AM
Halo

Just started the gluten free diet for my DH a few weeks ago &, WOW, what a difference it has made in him. There is a lot of gluten free stuff out there, but very costly. You will also have to worry about cross contamination. Like butter , mayo, stuff like that can't be used for both diets. A good site to go to for info & sign up for weekly free recipes is http://www.livingwithout.com This site really helped me to convert over. You will have to watch for warnings on labels of things that have no gluten in them, but are processed in a wear house that also process wheat, barley & rye. Those items will be cross contaminated so stay away from them too. The main thing to remember is to read everything. It is a shock to switch over to start with, but really does get easier. Another no no is caramel. I made it easier on my self by getting rid of everything in the house that would cross contaminate his food. With it only being just him & myself, it was easy to do, but with a family may be harder.