Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I always think this is our PC Round Robin letter. :-) Years ago my Mom and her siblings had a round robin letter chain. Can't remember who started it, but an envelope with five letters would arrive about every 4-6 weeks. Mom would take out her "old" letter and write a new one and send it on to the next sibling. As family was spread from California to Washington, DC this was a great way to keep abreast of family happenings without making long distance telephone calls. Amazing that we can do this so quickly over the QB!
I too escape to the sewing room. It's the part of me that is not "defined by the man in my life". Being farming partners has been a great ride, but I still have my own personality (as he has his) to foster.
Yesterday I dug some corn stalk ground to get ready for planting of winter rye so we have some fresh greens for the cows early next spring as hay supplies are very tight thus expensive this year. We need rain so that the rye will germinate after DH gets it seeded. Then I drove pickup with small trailer behind while DH loaded it with big square (3 x 3 x 6 feet) hay bales to be put in the hay shed for winter. 80 bales--6 at a time.
Today custom chopper here to chop earlage--aka snaplage. This machine takes the whole ear off the corn stalk and grinds it up kernels, cob and some husk and blows it into a large self unloading box. DH and DS are hauling the loads to the bag. Here's a pic of a bag and bagger. Our bag will be about 150' long--not as long as this one. Corn is unloaded into the side elevator (the inclined plane looking object) to get pressed into the bag.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367538[/ATTACH]

And you wonder why I'm behind on PC!!!!
QNS, what a good wife you are to warn DH of the little extra protein he might have ingested!!
Happy Thanksgiving, QE. Grand time to spend with friends and family, isn't it?
Carrie, another retreat? You'll be the first one done with your blocks!
GGal--the leaves are falling fast and furious here. Today has cooled down considerably. Think it was cooler at 1:00 pm than it was at 9:00 am.
Looks like a long day here on the farm--will likely get called in for nighttime milking--so will get the rest of my groceries put away and maybe sneak in a few sewing minutes.

Attached Thumbnails ag-bag.jpg