View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:34 PM
damaquilts

I have also tried to go gluten free . It seems after my surgery I developed all kinds of "allergies" . I cannot have anything with soy in it. No wheat, which is hard for me because if someone asked if I wanted a piece of bread or a brownie it would have been the bread every time. Not regular white bread but rye, french, italian, irish soda bread etc. Always made my own white bread and I just loved it. But most of the gluten free stuff I have tried tastes awful to me. I got the Rice Krispies gluten free and to me it tastes like styrofoam. The only way I can get it down is to put cinnamon sugar on it. And I have been trying to cut back on sugar too. .. I cannot stand the tastes of the flavored milks .. I do not want vanilla on my cereal I want milk. lol Also being on a really tight budget and being alone the special stuff is expensive and I don't like cooking just for me since I end up throwing a lot of food away. If I don't eat it constantly until its gone,i get tired of eating the same thing, there is no where here to really store it. I have taken to just doing the best I can eating a lot of soups and tuna fish and salads. Most recipes and shopping are for more than one person . or they figure you have a freezer.