Old 10-04-2012, 03:00 PM
nancia

Thanks for the nice comments. The pattern is my own, but very simple. I used charms and strips. Each rectangle has 5 2.5" squares and 2 10.5" strips. The end pieces are cut from the same strip as the10.5" strips so that it makes a box. The remaining 3 squares are hi contrast and made by cutting charms into 2.5" squares. i sewed an end piece to a contrast square, and then the next two contrast squares and end with the strip colored piece. Press seams any way you want, there is no matching! Sew a 10.5" strip on each side and you are done. i squared the blocks to the smallest size and added sashing to the right hand side of each block, and to both sides of the left hand blocks. then sewed the blocks for each horizontal row together. measured each row and trimmed all to the shortest length. i made the horizontal sashing from lengthwise fabric to avoid having joins in the strip. each row has 7 vertical blocks. there are 6 rows, so you will need 42 blocks. i stitched in the ditch with my brother , ashley. backed it in pieced solid blue and bound in the same fabric. sooooo easy! it took longer than i expected, but i did finish in less than 3 weeks which is a land speed record for me! my son is sleeping with it as we speak! he posted a picture on his facebook page. 8-)

tiger is the least intimidating cat you will ever meet! he is a total marshmallow! he loves for me to dry him off after he's been rained on. he likes it so much that he goes back out to get wet again and then comes to me to dry him. then he will groom and sleep as close to me as he can. he also twists like a pretzel! he is a rescue and came from an abusive and neglectful home. and he still trusts people and loves to be loved. God bless him! have to say i have never met a marmalade cat that wasn't the sweetest animal ever!