Old 10-04-2012, 04:30 PM
TheMamaHauser

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Kelly~yes that's what I meant....sorry you've been having a crappy few weeks...I hadn't seen you post on any of the threads and I sent a PM about the ornament swap and didn't hear from you and just wanted to make sure you were ok ((((hugs))))....can't believe you all have snow!!
I thought about joining for 2.3 seconds and then said, "probably not this year," and this is why: I have consistently made quilts for auction to raise money for the wounded EOD warrior project every year - 2 per year: a small one in November and then a big holy-crap-that's-huge one in the spring. The one for the spring is turning out to be a bit more intricate than I'd planned and I've had to scrap and restart twice now. I am worried if I add a single extra sewing project to my plate, it'll never get finished. It is going to be made entirely of 4.5" signature squares with the name of each and every EOD (bomb squad) technician across all 4 services that have died and been put on the memorial wall. The putting the name on the block has been the problem part, but I think I've finally found a solution there. The blocks are white with black corners and it is going to be very solemn and stark looking - and powerful. The quilt I did in 2010 raised almost $8,000 at auction, and the money all goes toward scholarships for children whose parent was an EOD tech that has died or toward supporting wounded EOD technicians as they reintegrate into society.