View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 PM
soccertxi

I did a bit of doodling on Paint...How about just a cross hatch on the whole thing? That would solve the problem of having to turn it so much. And with the thread, I would suggest a tan, even a darker one, a medium gray or light blue. Remember, when they hand quilted in the 'old days' they only had a few colors. I have quit trying to be really 'matchy matchy' with my quilting colors. Now I just pick something that shows, but does not STEAL the show. You did a great job piecing this ! Pat yourself on the back and learn a color lesson for next time. Its a process... and you are WELL on your way!

The 1st picture just shows some crosshatching. You can decide how far apart and at what angle you like. The 2nd one I just did a small X in the middle of the star. That would keep the middle from puffing so much. Be sure to post a picture when you are finished!
Attached Thumbnails new%2520barbpaint%2520fabriquilt%2520%252b%2520blue%2520storma.jpg   new%2520barbpaint%2520fabriquilt%2520%252b%2520blue%2520stormb.jpg