Thread: It Never Fails
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Ps 150

Originally Posted by 1screech View Post
Been there done that (my sister actually did it to my finger while I was helping her) didn't get the T-shirt. I don't believe lint can start your machine. I believe it has a short in it somewhere. I had a FW that was doing this and there was an issue with the foot pedal. I think I would call another dealer and ask them. I think there would be a better chance of ghosts starting your machine than lint. What if it started while you were not home and burnt the motor up or started a fire. I am so sorry about your finger...I know it hurt. Mine was not bad until I got the needle out then it was Owwwwwwww. All my sister could say was lesson over, that was my last needle.
I have a huge fire fear, so all of my machines are plugged into surge protectors that are shut off each time. I'm a bit of a freak about it. I've spoken to two dealers who feel that the lint may have been crowding the wires that operate the needle up/down button. I've switched out my foot pedal twice and the machine itself has been sent to the factory to be examined. This isn't the first time it's happened. :/ It's just the first time it happened when I wasn't already sewing. Usually, when I take my foot off of the pedal, the machine keeps sewing and I have to turn off the machine to get it to stop. Then, I clean out the base of my machine and it stops doing it. Weird, huh?