Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 PM
marytoddliz

I started working with my machine early this summer, it is easy. The hard part is picking out the patterns and not spending the whole day looking through the books! But don't forget the free patterns, there are lots of free patterns available. I have my desk set up in a u shape my good ole' sewing machine Nellie is right next to my new fancy Greta and on the other side is iron board/lap top. When time to change thread I just turn and change and let greta do the rest. I have found the secret is in the stabilizer. You have to have the right one for the right fabric. and ALWAYS use a bobbin thread that is made for Embroidery bobbin. You won't fight your machine as much if you do that.

I really kick myself for waiting so long to use the machine. I bought her in Nov 07, retired in Jan 08 and started using her big time in June of 12... I could have made a lot of really cool things in that amount of time.

My GF who bought her Bernina Artista in 2001 has never used it after her classes ended. We just found out today that the technology is obsolete. She has the Magic Box that has to be used with a 32 bit system, well there is nothing being made with the 32 bit system. So she has to find a really old computer to be able to update her Embroidery patterns. I am working on it with her, I think I found an old computer that will work, the whole computer is selling for $25.00 on Craigs list! The one good thing about having an outdated system is the things you find to run it are pretty cheap!