View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Just Me...

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
She said she wanted a bag ... by all means make her a bag (providing you want to make her something at all and not just because she was dropping hints).

I agree, I like it when someone who is accustomed to getting a regular gift from me (birthday, Christmas) hints at what they want - makes it so much easier. I do not however pay any heed to folks that see one of my quilts and say "oh, I'd love one of those", or "can you make me one?". Umm ... no.
I agree. I have a friend who tells me (pretty much every time she looks at my quilts) that she has always wanted a house quilt. I have offered to help her make one of her own and teach her to quilt. She just wants it gifted to her. We don't exchange gifts....even on birthdays....so, I have never felt obligated to make her the House quilt. While I understand that not everyone wants to be a quilter, there has never been an offer of reciprocation (not that we should expect reciprocation for a *gift*).....I still don't feel obligated. This has bothered me to the point that I haven't even made a House quilt for myself...and I want one. I'm afraid that if I do, she will see it! LOL