View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:22 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by eb in calif View Post
I used the 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch and a 6 1/2 x 5 1/2 and found it to be a little too tight. I ended up using 7 3/4 x 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 x 5 1/2 and this fits fine.

since one fabric was 7 1/2 and the other 6 1/2, using a 1/4 inch seam put the fold after being sewn together very tight, making one fabric 8 x 5 1/2 and the other 6 1/4 x 5 1/2 removes the issue of pressing the sides once sewn and inverted. the critical measurement is the sum of 7 3/4 + 6 1/2 = 14 1/4 for the sum of the 2 fabrics, the longer the long fabric is the wider the band at the opening will be, so play around with various lengths of the 2 fabrics and find a set of measurement that works for you.

the 5 1/2 measurement worked good for the tissues i had. when in doubt buy your tissues, make a test using your measurements and finalize the measurements before making a bunch.

i have a 5 thread serger that does a baseline and an overlock edge all in one shot that makes finishing these really quick.

remember that the longer of the 2 fabrics will be the lining and the band at the opening. the shorter fabric will be the most visible outside fabric.
I think you misread the pictures. The liner piece is 8.5" long.