Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Deborahlees

My personal goal is one quilt finished per month. And it must always be a new pattern with a new learning experience.
I have a huge stash from years of sewing and from my mother and from my friends donations. So all I really need to purchase is the batting. My donation quilts go to a variety of places (as I prefer to spread the wealth around). My favorates places are Quilts of Valor, Linus Project, Quilts for Kids, Prayers for Squares, Camp Pendelton and Childrens Hospital of San Diego. I also make pillowcases for them.....

Over the years I have made a quilt for every member of my family, some were received well some were not. But at this point in time I know thay all have at least one that I made just for them.

I am a retired widow with more time on my hands than I know what to do with it. My children are grown, my husband is gone and I am retired from my work......It is my time to sew for charity because I can. Do not fuss about doing it if you are a young/middle-age wife/mother/working girl with not enough hours in your day......Far too soon there will be no more soccar games to go to no more PTA meeting....only Doctor visits, quiet times in the garden, actual time to walk your dog, time to watch the sun set with a good glass of wine, and lots and lots of time to make all the charity quilts you want....because you have the time.