View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Jere

Originally Posted by charismah View Post
Well I don't have a lot of time for piecing......but I love LAQing. ( I think you all know that) So I have been taking "Cheater" prints and making quilts.
I wanted some new samples for my booth ( next show is MQX....YAY!) .....as soon as I saw this at Fabric Depot in Portland..I knew what I could do with it.....I had a hard time choosing which color way I wanted.....in the end I chose this one. The creamy butter center was just perfect for showcase quilting.
I had never been to Fabric Depot before....WOW! It was a bit overwhelming....there was so much of EVERYTHING there. If you are ever in the Portland area you should stop by there.

I am trying to decide which color of binding to use...the charcoal black color to frame it all in...a pretty stripe? The same blue color as the border? HMMMM?

I used two layers of batting....legacy 80/20 and hobbs poly down.
I hope you all have a blessed day!

I wish I had more time for both piecing and quilting. I wish my quilting was as beautiful as yours. I introduced myself to you at Expo but didn't get much time to talk to you. I am going to try to get to MQX but no guarantees. I will be getting ready for Quilt Camp which is the same week-end. Jere