View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM
pinkyrue01

I have a Model 384.13012000 Singer a Sears exclusive model. I don't know how old it is. I did a google search and didn't find much information. The Singer website isn't much help, because technically it's a Sears-Roebuck. I do know that I have had it for about 10 years. I bought off of ebay for around $80 then. It really wasn't used for much until recently. I have not had it serviced yet. The closest service center is 40 miles away and they told me it was a minimum of $100 to look at it. Since I didn't know how much it would eventually cost I didn't think the machine was worth that much.

I would be fine with a used machine. My budget would be about $400, including all the feet, seam guide, etc. that I would need for quilting. The only dealerships near me are Singer, Janome and Bernina. I'm pretty sure a new Bernina is out of my price range at this moment. I have not read good things about new Singers. I don't really know much about Janomes except that they all have drop-in bobbins, and I think I read that isn't a good thing. Of course, that's why I'm asking you guys advice. Thanks for any help you can give me.