Thread: Panda-monium
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 PM
roseirish48

Default Panda-monium

This baby quilt is for my niece's daughter who is expecting a girl any day now. She requested a Panda themed quilt and so with the generous help with supplying the missing patterns from Thimblebug I have completed the quilt. The first picture is a shot of the quilt as depicted in the magazine which is so NOT what ended up in the final product. The quilt is a hodge-podge of techniques. The four corner Pandas are paper-pieced, the main nine blocks are appliqued, and there are four small blocks that are copied from coloring pages on the net and marked on the background fabric with a Pigma Pen and colored in with fabric markers. The bamboo was supposed to be paper pieced but too time consuming so used the outline as pattern and drew on and colored in again with the fabric markers. The quilt is quilted in outline around pandas and then cross-hatched behind the nine main pandas. The background is a soft green/pink/white stripe and the quilt is backed with a soft mint green flannel that has the words "protect me" and "Save me" and little paw prints in a darker green. I used another coloring page design for the label.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367741[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]367742[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]367743[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]367744[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails panda-magazine-version.jpg   panda%3Dmonium.jpg   panda-monium-detail.jpg   panda-monium-back.jpg