Old 10-05-2012, 04:01 PM
irishrose

Lauriejo, truth be known, I don't make a minute with the speed up, but I can still feel the effects. I have getting back to it now with cooler weather here and the humidity down. I'm telling you, get a dog. Liliana yodels when it's time for a walk and the Moira grabs a squeaky top and races through the house. Lily is a PSD. My prescription says "GET A DOG" on huge letters on a script pad. I don't think she could pass the Canine Good Citizen test because one criteria is the dog has to sit for at least two minutes while you leave the room. That would be hard for her, but she doesn't need to pass.

Pam, I'm glad MTS showed up with the tutorial. My very first quilt was a partial seamed one, but I'd have to go to the library to look at M' lisa Rae Hawley's book to see how I did it. It didn't seem as complicated as those directions, but I can't be sure. I think the library closes early on Friday. I like the block. Would it look Celtic done as a single block in the right colors? I need something to replace the SW decor in the far hallway. Either a block like that or a hand appliqued rose????

Lawn repaired, dogs walked, now just me, my cluttered house and my quilt. I wouldn't be surprised if #4 daughter shows up. Tonight is Homecoming and she took it off to take her boys. I predict she and the young one won't make it. The stadium sits on the edge of the lake and the wind off the lake is chilly and damp tonight.

Went t the LQS. The brown I brought home for the quilt isn't the same color as what I already have. Grr. Looked at pink fabrics, but I will wait until after the ultrasound which has been put off. The GD that was on bedrest is up. Her blood pressure is perfect and everything else checks out. The little one must have moved just right. The store had a pink with multicolored dots in clearance, but it was a bluer pink that I like. Tempting, though, with fabric going up and up.

I looked up my quilt. Some pattern for a first quilt, but looking at it didn't help me remember how to do it.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ed-t77701.html

Here you go. This looks familiar. Think of the pieces blocks as a solid piece and go for it. The little guy goes on first with the partial seam. That's where the tute above threw me.
http://quilting.about.com/od/piecing...al_seams_3.htm

Last edited by irishrose; 10-05-2012 at 04:16 PM.