Old 10-05-2012, 04:55 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
I've got a similar one for $35, though it's not a Centennial version. Pick up, only, of course. My machine looks better, but their case looks better.
-There- it's probably not a great price.
Here, a machine in that sort of shape that isn't a centennial, or a blackside, or with the Singercraft and other accessories lists around $75 - 100.

Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
This is what I picked up today, I didn't realize from the CL photo that she is a 99. It came in a Bentwood case, the locks work, and it has the key! The machine is dirty, a lot of fluff, and just dirt. I took off the motor, part of the cords outer cover was melted. So, maybe a new motor, or another hand crank?? This one was born Jan 3, 1938. One owner, and has been in storage for 25 years.
Nice looking machine! The power cords to that motor are likely short leads that have marettes (sp?) tying them to the main wiring for the motor under the cover that's under the motor. I really doubt you'd need to replace the motor over the wires. I just did one, a BA3-8 I think? It was simple. Easier than a potted motor by far.